Royal Meath Show - Trim Show LTD.
79th ANNUAL AGRICULTURAL SHOW
Sunday 1st September 2019
Presidents: Mrs. Julia Bird, Mr. Donal Canty
Vice Presidents: Phil Smyth, Louis McLoughlin, Walter Feeley
Chairperson: Francis Cotter
Vice Chairperson: Ronan McKenna
Show Secretary: Eileen Redpath Bodge Lodge Trim Co Meath 086 7355557
Treasurer: Mr. Bill Lowther
Asst. Treasurer: Ms. Mary Mahon, Mary Canty
Press Officer: Ethol Lydon
Sponsorship: Raymond Heffernan, James Brogan
Company Directors: Bro Pádraig McDonald, Noel French, Raymond Heffernan, Norbert Coyle, Catherine Foley.
Company Secretary: Jean Gorry.
CATTLE SECRETARY: Francis Cotter, Waterloo Lodge, Trim, Co. Meath. 086-8607229 , Teleri Thomas, Andy Feeney.
SHEEP SECTION: Norbert Coyle, Oberstown Lodge , Tara, Co. Meath. 086-3498932, Michael Bird, Siobhan O'Connor, Pat Oliver.
HORSE SECRETARY: Maureen Dillon Girley Fordstown Kells Co Meath 087-2885302
HOME INDUSTRIES SECRETARY: Anne Lydon, Kilcarty, Dunsany, Co. Meath. 046-9025216
Kiddies Corner: Gus Martyn Meadstown, James Brogan.
Pigs Section: Francis Cotter, Waterloo Lodge, Trim, Co. Meath. 086-8607229, Tom Forde.
Poultry Section: James Brogan Dunlough Robinstown Co Meath. 086-8640396, Sinead Brogan.
DOG SHOW: Jayne Holton. Entries taken on the day
GOAT SECTION: Brendan McConnell, Halltown, Robinstown, Navan, Co. Meath. 046-9071233
Iris Douglas, Galtrim, Summerhill, Co. Meath. 046-9557164
VINTAGE SECTION: Peter Holten, Longwood, Trim Co. Meath. 086-8247794, Michael Cummins.
TRADE ENQUIRIES: Michael Nugent, 086-8604448.
ARTISAN FOOD AND SMALL BUSINESSES SECTION:
Ursula Halton, Moat, Castletown, Rathmolyon, Co Meath.
SAFETY OFFICER: Gerry Gorry. Niall Cooke, Padraig McDonald, James Murphy.
CHIEF STEWARD: Niall Cooke
EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR: Padraig McDonald.
CHIEF FIELD LAYOUT OFFICER: Seamus O'Droma.
FIELD LAYOUT OFFICERS: Raymond Heffernan, Michael Fitzsimons, Sean McKenna, Hugh Goulding, John Fallon, Gerry Fitzsimons.
AMUSEMENTS: Michael O'Brien, John Smith.
HON MEDICAL OFFICER: Doctor on Call
HON VETERINARY SURGEON: F. O. Sullivan, M.R.C.V.S. & John Drumm
Seamus O Droma
Phil & Catherine Smyth
Mrs Julia Bird
Lesley Anne Fox
Siobhan O Connor
Michael O Brien
- Persons entering Stock or other Exhibits and failing to send same for exhibition shall forfeit entry fees. Exhibits must be bona-fide property of the exhibitor.
- The Judge shall not award a Prize in any Class where sufficient merit does not appear.
- All exhibits shall be at the sole risk of the Owner and must be in charge of and attended to by the Owner and or his Agent during the Show.
- The Committee does not accept liability for any accident to Exhibitors or Attendants, or accidents or damage to, or loss of, any Exhibits, even though arising from the negligence of some person in the employment of the Committee. Exhibitors are encouraged to extend their public liability to cover shows.
- All Horses and Cattle must be led or ridden and under the Control of the person in charge of the said animal. The Show’s authorised personnel are entitled to have any animal removed from the Show Grounds that does not conform to this rule.
- The Committee delegates full power to the appointed Stewards, to enforce the Rules as set out and the decision of the Committee shall be final in all cases.
- All cattle exhibits must be on the show grounds by 10.45am on the morning of the show.
- The Rules of the Royal Dublin Society as to definition shall be applied in cases of dispute as to the ages of Livestock.
- Bulls exhibited at the Show must be secured by a ring in the nose with a strong rope or chain attached.
- All animals entered must be halter trained unless otherwise stated.
- Classes may be combined or cancelled if the number of entries does not warrant inclusion in the proposed class. NOTE: Minimum class number is three. No 2nd or 3rd prizes will be payable unless the class size is five or more.
- All 1st prize winners are not eligible for showing in any other class unless otherwise stated.
- Objections must be lodged with the Secretary within one hour after prize giving, accompanied with a refundable deposit of €50, which will be forfeited if the objection is not sustained.
- Artificial colour or prohibited products are forbidden to be used on any exhibits prior to or on the day of the show. Failure to comply will result in the suspension of the exhibit.
- Dry cows must have proof of calving in the last twelve-month period.
- This Show is run according to the Rules of the ISA.
- Judging will commence at 11.00am unless otherwise stated.
- All livestock entries must be in test (TB and Brucellosis) on the day of the show.
All necessary documentation must accompany the animal on the day of the show. D V O check at gate of entry for blue cards.
- All pedigree animals will be required to be registered with their respective societies.
- All CMMS forms must be completed at the office on the morning of the show before numbers will be given.
- Passports / identity cards are required.
- All exhibits in the Home Industries Section must be bona fide
- All flowers to be shown with their own foliage only.
- All roots must be washed.
- All Exhibits in the Flower and Fruit Section must be correctly named as far as possible.
- Tomatoes may be shown as Fruit or Vegetable.
- All bouquets and trays must be arranged before 10.00am.
- No refunds of entry fees in any Class will be made in the case of entries which are not sent forward for competition or which are disqualified from competition for failure to comply with regulations.
- Entries close on Friday 19th August 2016
- THE COMMITTEE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE OR CANCEL THE SHOW OR TO CANCEL ANY CLASS WITHOUT BEING LIABLE FOR COMPENSATION.
- The Society will not be responsible for any loss, damage, accident or otherwise which may occur to any Exhibitor, Exhibit, Visitor or Vehicle at the Show.
- Vouchers or Prizes in Kind may be given in lieu of Prize Money
- All prize money must be claimed before the end of the financial year, 31st Dec.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OWNERS INVOLVED IN SHOWING ANIMALS.
The Irish Shows Association would advise all animal owners who have their animals insured, to have the insurance cover extended to cover them while showing animals at shows. We understand that it costs very little or nothing at all to do this, depending on who you have insurance with.
The reason for us giving you this advice is that if your animal lashed out, and injured someone or damaged someone’s property, and it is established that your animal was out of control at that time, you may be held responsible or partly responsible for any injury or damage caused you may end up paying all or part of any settlement reached.
Safety at Shows
We all want to have a successful, enjoyable show but also a safe and accident free occasion. To ensure this, the co-operation of all is vital, including exhibitors, spectators and organisers.
A few guidelines to note in relation to safety are as follows:
- Please observe signs – especially those relating to caution in livestock areas.
- Please do not exhibit animals that are unsuitable with regard to safety e.g. hard to control.
- It is advisable for exhibitors to have insurance on their animals, to include cover for exhibiting at the show.
- All animals must be led by a competent handler.
- Animals should not be tied to trailers or left in trailers.
- Dogs should be on a lead and under the control of the handler.
- Caution and care should be exercised at all times.
For enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Nugent (086) 8604448
Your safety as an exhibitor at our show is very important to us. We ask for your co-operation in ensuring there is a clear way for emergency vehicles all the way around the show field. Parking restrictions will be in place on the show day, please respect the instructions of our stewards.